Promiseland is Willow Creek’s highly successful children’s ministry. Using examples from Promiseland and churches of all sizes around the country, this book provides step by step guidance and creative application exercises to help churches develop a thriving children’s ministry—one that strives to be the best hour of every kid’s week.
Included are Scripture-based principles and practical resources for church staff members and volunteers who agree with the critical role children’s ministry plays in a local church.
Making Your Children’s Ministry the Best Hour of Every Kid’s Week, based on twenty-eight years of experience at Willow Creek, explains four ministry foundations: Mission, Vision, Values, and Strategy.
The content includes:
Detailed answers to questions facing every children’s ministry:
- What does Jesus expect from children’s ministry?
- How can we evangelize lost kids and disciple saved kids at the same time, and should we?
- How do we engage kids so they don’t become bored?
- How do we get better at recruiting and leading volunteers?
- How can our ministry be a safe place for children?
It also includes:
- Six specific ministry values that address the needs of today’s children
- Practical first steps for ministries that want to get serious about change
- Clear indicators of success in children’s ministry