Just Walk Across the Room signals the next era in personal evangelism. Pastor Bill Hybels’s firm conviction is that the highest value in personal evangelism is being attuned to and cooperative with the promptings of the Holy Spirit. This means playing only the role you are intended to play – walking when the Spirit says to walk, talking when the Spirit says to talk, and falling silent when the Spirit suggests that you’ve already said enough.
Today, the goal for every Christian is to reflect Christ’s love and follow his example by taking simple walks across rooms.
Just Walk Across the Room – Curriculum Kit
This dynamic four-week campaign is designed to equip and inspire your entire church to participate in the same pattern of grace-giving by taking simple walks across the room – leaving circles of comfort and extending hands of care, compassion, and inclusiveness to people who might need a touch of God’s love today.
Expanding on the principles set forth in Hybels’ book of the same name, Just Walk Across the Room consists of three integrated components:
1. Sermons, and implementation guide, and church promotional materials provided on the DVD-ROM to address the church as a whole.
2. Four small-group video sessions with study guide to enable people to work through the material in small groups, connected circles of community.
3. The book Just Walk Across the Room to allow participants to think through the concepts personally.
The kit includes:
- 1 DVD-ROM with leader’s guide
- 1 participants guide
- 1 paperback Just Walk Across the Room book
- 1 getting started guide
Just Walk Across the Room DVD
Empower your members to be salt and light in today’s complex culture. Ignite this shared and powerful outreach vision in your small groups and Bible studies with the four-week Just Walk DVD.
Led by Bill Hybels, the DVD includes icebreakers, true stories, and time-tested illustrations to jump-start spirited discussions. Four 15-minute video clips and a 32-page Leader’s Guide correspond to material covered in weekend services:
- The Single Greatest Gift
- Living in 3D: Developing friendship – Discover stories – Discern next steps
- The Power of Story
- Grander-Vision Living
If you don’t currently have small groups, encourage groups of three or four friends to gather weekly with the Just Walk DVD for just four weeks – and watch what happens! Participants Guides to be used alongside the DVD.
Just Walk Across the Room Participants Guide
Inspire your people to love God and his will so passionately they will seek out those seeking him.
The Just Walk Participant’s Guide will help each member of your congregation/ small group take your message of evangelism home and take it to heart through:
- Individual reflection questions
- Encouragement to complete weekly congregation activities
- Personal processing space
- Small group discussion questions
- Log for small group prayer requests and answers
Help your members step over barriers and into people’s lives with God’s transformational power of friendship. The stakes are high. The implications are eternal.