Willow Creek Association UK & Ireland (WCA UK) is committed to your privacy. Please read this policy carefully to understand how we collect, use and store your personal data.
1. Who we are
WCA UK exists for the furtherance of the Christian faith — to help make the good news of Jesus Christ heard in every town. We seek to achieve this by helping churches and Christians live out their God-given potential and purpose. Our principal thrust is the resourcing and equipping of Church pastors and Christian leaders through world-class training events, such as the Global Leadership Summit, and through year-round leadership development.
1.1 Company and charity details
Registered Charity number: 1069726
Registered Company number: 3057781
1.2 Contact details
If you have any questions about the way we use your data, you would not like your data to be used for anything listed below, or you would like to update the information we hold for you, please contact us by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org, phoning 023 8071 0295, or writing to Willow Creek Association UK & Ireland, Unit 8, Viceroy House, Mountbatten Business Centre, Millbrook Road East, Southampton, SO15 1HY.
2. Your personal data
2.1 How we collect your personal data
We collect your personal data each time you make contact with us. For example:
- by creating an account on our website
- via an online form on our website or an event app
- when you book for an event, subscribe as a member or purchase a resource
- when you make a donation
- when you complete a paper form at an event
- when you send us an email
2.2 What personal data we collect
Depending on the way you make contact with us, the data we collect can include:
- your name
- email address
- phone numbers
- church/organisation details
- postal address
- payment details
- donation details
We do not hold any card payment details for online subscriptions, resource orders, event payments or online donations — this is collected by our third party payment processors, who specialise in the secure online capture and processing of credit/debit card transactions.
Where financial transactions have been made by phone, details of payment cards are stored securely.
2.3 Why we use your personal data
We collect and process your personal data for the following reasons:
- To administer and keep records of your relationship with us, such as your event bookings, event hosting, resource orders, membership subscriptions, donations, enquiries or complaints
- To create a profile of your interests and preferences, and to communicate with you accordingly. We may also send you additional updates about our services (for example, our events, resources and various ways you can support the work)
- To seek your views or comments on the services we provide
- To manage employees and volunteers
In order to achieve the above, we use third party services. Please see ‘3.2 Third Party Services’ below.
We will keep personal information only for as long as we need it to maintain our relationship with you, provide you with the products, services or information you requested, to comply with the law, and to ensure we do not communicate with individuals that asked us not to.
2.4 Our use of your data
The information that you provide to WCA UK is used to:
- perform the contract we are about to enter into or have entered into with you
- provide you with further information about our work for our legitimate interests and your interests (in such cases, you will be able to update your email preferences and subscribe or unsubscribe according to your interests)
In processing your personal data, we may use third party services. Please see ‘3.2 Third Party Services’ below.
2.5 Accessing and updating your data
Please inform us of any changes to your contact information so that we can keep our records up to date. You can update your contact preferences by phone or by email using the contact details above.
You can update your email preferences by using the ‘unsubscribe’ or ‘change preferences’ links on the email updates you receive.
2.6 Your rights
- Contact WCA UK: If you have any questions or concerns about this policy, please contact us by emailing email@example.com, phoning 023 8071 0295, or writing to Willow Creek Association UK & Ireland, Unit 8, Viceroy House, Mountbatten Business Centre, Millbrook Road East, Southampton, SO15 1HY.
- The right to request a copy of your personal data which WCA UK holds about you – we will respond without undue delay and within one month of receipt
- The right to request that WCA UK corrects any personal data if it is found to be inaccurate or out of date
- The right to request your personal data is erased where it is no longer necessary for WCA UK to retain such data
- The right to withdraw your consent to the processing at any time
- The right, where there is a dispute in relation to the accuracy or processing of your personal data, to request a restriction is placed on further processing
- The right to object to the processing of your personal data
- The right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioners Office at: https://ico.org.uk/concerns/handling/
3. Who has access to your personal data
3.1 Affiliates, Partners and Third Parties
Your personal data will be treated as strictly confidential and will only be shared within WCA UK, including its affiliates and event partners. Agreements are in place with affiliates and event partners that restrict the use of your information to the purpose for which it is provided and to ensure it is stored securely and kept no longer than necessary. We disclose only the personal data that is necessary for the delivery of the service.
We will not share your data with third parties outside of WCA UK.
3.2 Third Party Services
WCA UK uses:
- Mailchimp to send emails;
- Eventbrite to process event registrations;
- WooCommerce and Barclays ePDQ to process webshop purchases;
- Survey Monkey and Google Forms for questionnaires;
- Dropbox for data sharing within WCA UK and its affiliates and event hosting partners;
These companies have data security systems in place and use encryption for sensitive data (e.g. payment card details). By providing us with your details, you are giving WCA UK express permission to transfer your data in order to use these services.
3.3 Use of ‘cookies’
Our website has been built using WordPress, which places a ‘session cookie’ on your computer when you arrive on the website. This cookie does not identify you personally. However, WordPress uses other cookies depending on your usage of the website. For example, WordPress uses a cookie to indicate when you’re logged in and who you are. In this case, the personal data stored is encrypted, and it is deleted when you close your browser.
Cookies are also used by various plugins to our WordPress website. For example, the online store uses WooCommerce. To keep track of cart data, WooCommerce makes use of 3 cookies. The first two cookies contain information about the cart as a whole and helps WooCommerce know when the cart data changes. The final cookie contains a unique code for each customer so that it knows where to find the cart data in the database for each customer. No personal information is stored within these cookies.
We also employ analytical cookies in order to provide meaningful reports about our site visitors. These cookies allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and see how visitors move around the site. This information helps us to improve the way our website works.
3.4 Links to other websites
4. Changes to this privacy notice
We may change and update this privacy notice from time to time. You are advised to read this notice each and every time you interact with us so that you are satisfied with the privacy conditions under which you provide WCA UK with information.