DCL 5.6 Inspiration | Relentless
Outline of Session
- Mother Teresa
- Fully Committed Hearts
- Receiving God’s Call
- Leading Through Obstacles
- Surviving Spiritual Dry Spells
- Carte Blanche Yieldedness
Conference Session by Bill Hybels.
(Try and make space to watch this video in one sitting)
1. Personal Reflection: Write down the key insight from this session that you can personally take away.
2. Bill described a mental picture he had of a radar screen in heaven, surveying the earth for those people whose hearts were truly yielded to God.
- Honestly reflect on this question: Am I the kind of person who is lighting up the radar screens in heaven by my yieldedness — my willingness to do God’s bidding no matter what without delay? Journal your thoughts in the space below.
- Identify one thought or insight you feel comfortable sharing with your team, and then do so.
3. Mother Teresa received a clear calling from God to serve the poorest of the poor in the slums of Calcutta. Have you ever sensed a clear calling from God?
If you answered Yes, work through the questions below.
- How have you responded to that call? Describe your response below.
- Now that you’ve experienced this session, what actions are you going to take? Write your action steps below.
If you answered No, work through the question below.
- Bill said that there is a direct correlation between carte-blanche yieldedness and receiving a fresh assignment from God. Spend time in prayer, offering God your yielded heart and asking for a fresh assignment. If you wish, write out your prayer.
4. Bill said that most leaders eventually experience an era when it seemed like a dream had almost died, and it’s during this phase that God does some of His most purifying and deepening work.
- Do you as a team, church, ministry, or organisation have any dreams or callings that seem in danger of dying? Discuss them together, and list them on a flipchart or in the space below.
DCL Meditation and Inspiration Media and Notes © Willow Creek Association.
DCL Instruction Media and Notes © EQUIP Million Leaders Mandate Volume 2