DCL 3.5 Instruction | Develop Each Team Member
Video Presentation: Tom Atema, VP of International Ministries and Strategic Partnerships, EQUIP
When you develop people, you are helping them to improve as individuals. You are helping them acquire personal qualities that will benefit them in all areas of life, not just their jobs. Here are some keys to developing people:
1. See development as a long-term process.
2. Discover each person’s dreams and desires.
3. Help each person discover his strengths.
4. Lead everyone differently.
5. Model good leadership.
6. Provide leadership training and resources.
The Law of Process in The 21 Irrefutable Laws of Leadership states: “Leaders develop daily, not in a day.”
Biblical Case Study: Paul and Timothy (Acts 16:1-5; 1 Timothy 1:1-20)
Paul followed a long-term process of development with Timothy. He provided the following for Timothy:
1. Instruction on a regular basis.
2. An example of effective leadership.
3. Opportunities for on-the-job experience.
- What are several steps you can take to develop your team?
DCL Meditation and Inspiration Media and Notes © Willow Creek Association
DCL Instruction Media and Notes © EQUIP Million Leaders Mandate Volume 2