DCL 3.4 Inspiration | Bringing the Team Your Best
Outline of Session
(Dan Allender is primarily speaking here to leaders in the arts arena, and considering what it means to bring your very best in the context of the arts. As you listen, consider the transferrable principles to your own area of leadership.)
- The Battle Ground for the Human Heart
- The Leader’s Battle: Facing crisis; Complexity of information; Betrayal; Loneliness; Exhaustion
- The Core Issue: Shame; Dan’s personal example
- The Question: How can you bring your best…?
- The Example of Jacob: God will wrestle with you when you wish for him to fight on your behalf; Brokenness, weakness and limping are the context for true power; God wants us to cry out for a blessing from him
Conference Session by Dan Allender
(Try and make space to watch this video in one sitting.)
1. Personal Reflection: Write down the key insight from this session that you can personally take away and implement and then discuss your answers with your team.
2. Dan stated that we will face unique battles and struggles. Following research he suggests that there are five issues in particular, each with their commonly identified response.
DCL Meditation and Inspiration Media and Notes © Willow Creek Association.
DCL Instruction Media and Notes © EQUIP Million Leaders Mandate Volume 2