DCL 1.2 Instruction | Our Health: Today’s Health Gives Me Strength
Leaders often neglect this issue because of their busy schedule. To spend time on our health, whether it is eating right or exercising or resting, seems so selfish. However, if our bodies cannot perform the leadership tasks we’ve been given, then our health suddenly becomes a high priority! Listen to God’s wisdom concerning our bodies:
“Do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit, who is in you, whom you have received from God? You are not your own; you were bought with a price. Therefore honor God with your body.” (I Corinthians 6:19-20)
Video Presentation: John Hull, President/CEO, EQUIP
Why is Your Health So Important to God?
1. Our bodies house the Holy Spirit (v. 9).
2. We do not belong to ourselves, but to Him (v. 9).
3. We’ve been bought with a huge price—the blood of Jesus (v. 20).
4. We were designed to honour Him in all we do (v. 20).
Why Your Health Should Matter to You
1. Your health impacts you emotionally, intellectually and spiritually.
2. Health often determines quality as well as quantity of life.
3. It is easier to maintain health than to regain it.
Making Decisions to Follow Healthy Guidelines
1. Eat healthy foods as often as you can.
2. Have a purpose worth living for—do work you enjoy.
3. Find your pace in life.
4. Get physical exercise regularly.
5. Accept your personal worth.
6. Laugh often.
7. Handle stress effectively—communicate well, delegate well, pray well.
“Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding will guard your hearts and minds in Christ Jesus.” (Philippians 4:6-7)
DCL Meditation and Inspiration Media and Notes © Willow Creek Association.
DCL Instruction Media and Notes © EQUIP Million Leaders Mandate Volume 2.