DCL 6.1 Instruction | Passion Energises Your Talent (Part 2)
Video Presentation: Todd and Julie Mullins, Lead Pastor Christ Fellowship, Florida
If you have passion, but seem to lack energy, then you need to fire up your passion by following these steps:
1. Prioritise your life according to your passion.
2. Pursue your passion with everything you possess.
3. Protect your passion.
There are two keys to protecting your passion:
1. Avoid negative people who throw cold water on the fire of your passion. Don’t listen to them when they make statements like these…
- That is not practical.
- We tried that once and it failed.
- We have never done that before.
- That idea will not work here.
- That’s not the way we do things around here.
- It will never work.
- Who will do all the extra work?
- Who do you think you are?
2. Spend time with people who encourage your dreams and ignite your passion.
Biblical Case Study: John the Baptist (Luke 3:2-22)
The best single word to describe John the Baptist just might be ‘passion’. He certainly needed passion to fulfil his God-given pioneer ministry. Every pioneer needs passion. Every difference-maker must have passion.
What gave John his passion?
1. He spent time alone with God.
2. He was consumed with his mission in life.
3. He possessed a radical desire to make a difference.
4. He was dissatisfied with anything but results.
What is your passion in life? The answer to the following questions can help you discover your true passion:
- What brings you joy? What do you laugh about?
- What do you cry about?
- What do you dream about?
ASSESSMENT AND APPLICATION
Make a list of the people in your life who try to put out the fire of your passion. How can you minimise the damage they do to you?
Make a list of several people, past and present, who inspire your passion. Establish specific plans to spend more time with them in the next few weeks. List three people that you need to serve by helping to light the fire of their passion.
DCL Meditation and Inspiration Media and Notes © Willow Creek Association.
DCL Instruction Media and Notes © EQUIP Million Leaders Mandate Volume 2